So I figured it was time to make a post on the other powerzamcam drift car. So here’s George’s car.
So lets start at the beginning. Here it is after they picked it up at the original Powerzamcam shop (Sal’s garage)
Stock KA is out, but I have no idea what he was doing. Lol.
Sorry I don’t have any pics of them putting the SR in L
So after the SR was in, and it was lowered he decided to make a roll bar. Sorry for the bad pics, you can’t really see it.
Shortly after he decided he did not like it, so he cut it out and did an entire cage.
On another note this is what happened to George’s exhaust after visiting the “mountain” one night… I believe he’s been through like 4 or 5 different exhausts most from his car being so low that it would hit the ground constantly eventually putting a hole in it.
Anyways back on topic, a few quick pics of the completed cage in action, and to give you an idea of how low it was and why he went through so many exhausts. And yes we would drive 8+ hours each way to events in that car as is, scraping the exhaust everywhere.
Getting ready to go to an event.
More on driving to events. I believe we were coming back from VIR or summit point, I can’t remember, but it started snowing. So we had to drive back in this all the way from Virginia. By the time we got back into New Jersey it was bad. I remember George telling me about one point where he pulled over and then got back on behind a salt truck hoping to stay behind it to get some type of traction, but he couldn’t even keep up with the salt truck due to the lack of traction. Lol. I still don’t know how he made it home that day. I would have pulled over and waited for a few days, until the snow was gone. Lol.
Anyways, look at the determination…
Next was some fresh paint…
So, after George had the car painted he decided he wanted to make a hard top for his car and completely remove the soft top. His initial design was pretty bad. And yes I told him it was. Lol. So I stopped by the shop one weekend and we spent most of the day doing the top. Unfortunately we were so wrapped up into it that I forgot to pictures of the build. All I have are these few. I forget what we used to make the mold some type of Styrofoam. I think it was some kind of stuff used when building a house. Lol.
Here we began fiber glassing
After countless hours of fiber glassing and sanding the end result. Not bad for never having done fiber glassing before.
So here’s what was next…
Getting it all tuned
So stay tuned for next season to see what’s next, Cuz I sure as hell don’t know. Lol.